Galway Autism Partnership is a Company Limited by Guarantee (CLG), registered at Tigh Ronain, 36 Laurel Park, Newcastle, Galway H91 HX97.
Type of information we collect
The type of information we collect may include personal data which identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you. This includes name, postal or email address, telephone number and other contact information you provide on our online forms. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us via our website.
If you make a donation or a purchase on the website you will be asked to provide your credit/debit card number, we do not receive these details, they are encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL Software”) and are transmitted directly to our payment providers Stripe Payment Service Providers (PSS).
If you set up a direct debit donation we will require your BIC and IBAN numbers.
How we use the information you provide
We process the personal data you provide to us for the following purposes:
- to process your donation;
- to register your interest in and communicate with you about:
- our services
- our campaigns and advocacy work
- our fundraising events and activities
- our volunteer opportunities
- to respond to your queries and information requests;
- to register your subscription to a mailing list(s);
- to respond to any feedback you provide or a complaint you make;
- to conduct research and analysis to monitor the performance of our campaigns, appeals, events and products.
You can unsubscribe from our mailing lists at any time, by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the foot of every email we send out.
Galway Autism Partnership will process your personal data based on the following grounds:
- Your consent;
- Where it is necessary for the performance of a contract;
- Where it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Galway Autism Partnership is subject;
- Where it is in Galway Autism Partnership’s legitimate interest to;
– administer and record your donation and to keep a record of your relationship with us;
– provide you with information about any fundraising activities or campaigns that you have agreed to take part in
– provide you with information necessary for any clubs, camps or event you sign up for;
– assess employee and volunteer applications and recruit employees and volunteers;
– follow up with your queries;
– assess our fundraising activities.
How long will Galway Autism Partnership retain your personal data?
Galway Autism Partnership holds personal data for a range of time periods, these are guided by our statutory requirements for certain data (e.g. financial records, employment records or health and safety records), our contractual obligations and our business and risk management requirements.
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 6 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
We accept payments through Stripe. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Stripe, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Disclosure of information to third parties
We will not trade your personal details with third parties.
We will disclose your personal data if we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
The information received from you may be disclosed to a third party (Stripe, MailChimp, etc.) to allow us to process your donation or purchase and/or provide you with the service you have signed up for.
Some of these services may be located outside the State. We select these services based on their guarantees in relation to the security measures they have in place, their compliance with data protection legislation and where required appropriate contractual arrangements (Privacy Shield, Binding Corporate Rules, or Model Contracts). By submitting your personal data for such purposes, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Personal data that is input onto our website is held on a secure server hosted by our hosting service provider. The nature of the Internet is such that we cannot 100% guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet to be secure. However, once we receive your personal data we take all reasonable technical and organisational measures to protect personal data from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction and to prevent any unauthorised or unlawful disclosure or processing.
Cookies are pieces of information that a Web Site transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Most we browsers automatically accept cookies but if you prefer you can change your browser to prevent that. Although they do identify a user’s computer cookies do not personally identify customers or password. Credit Card information is not stored in cookies.
(i) To identify Internet Provider Address
(ii) To estimate our audience size and patterns
(iii) To control how often visitors see similar ads
(v) To track preferences and to improve and update our website
Under data protection legislation you have the following rights;
- The right to be informed
- The right to access information
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to data portability
- The right to object to processing of personal data
- The right of restriction
- Rights in relation to automated decision making, including profiling.
For further information on your rights see www.dataprotection.ie
If you wish to exercise any of your rights, as listed above, or update your contact details, please write to us using the contact details below.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data you can raise your concerns with us or with the Data Protection Commissioner, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co Laois, R32 AP23. Email [email protected]
Right of access to and updating or deleting your personal data
If you have subscribed to our mailing lists, you can unsubscribe at any time. Click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the foot of the email, this link appears on every email we send out.
You may also inform us of any changes in your personal data and we will update your personal data accordingly. To find out what personal data we hold on you, to receive a copy of this data, or to have your personal data updated, amended, or deleted, please contact us as shown below.
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 091 588899
Data Protection Officer
Galway Autism Partnership, Tigh Ronain, 36 Laurel Park, Newcastle, Galway
Last updated: May 2018